Sunday, October 19, 2008



This little boy turned 6 years old on Thursday. He brings such joy and light into our lives, he's a bundle of energy and such a big, funny goofball who is the first to offer a hug and words of comfort to someone who is having a hard time. I find myself feeling a little sad as he gets older and seems to be growing up so fast but then I think about the wonderful person he's turning into and I just have to let him go ahead and get bigger. What can I do about it anyway? He had a good birthday, his class had a field trip to an apple orchard and I came along as a chaperone, the weather was great. We did the hayride and the apple picking and the corn maze and of course were chased by yellow jackets while trying to eat our donuts and drink our cider. It wouldn't be fall in Michigan without bees in your face. After school we had soccer for big sis but then went out for pizza and had birthday cake at grandma and papa's house. It was a lovely day and I think he enjoyed himself.



I love you, my silly boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh 6 already? I can't believe what a big kid he was this summer compared to just a year ago. It's really so bittersweet isn't it? He is now bigger - way bigger - than T when I met her! Crazy.

Michelle R said...

Happy birthday sweet Kai!

And happy 6th year being mama to sweet, funny Kai! He's a joy to know!

Miss u, see u soon!

Leslie said...

Happy Belated Birthday sweet boy! I should say BIG boy!!! 6? Yikes!!!! Hope ya'll had a great day!

Oak Park Veggie said...

Happy Birthday Kai!!!