Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wow, look at Santa down there! It has been a very long time since I've been here, maybe I burned myself out with all that posting in December? Or maybe I've been to busy to blog? Yeah, right. Nope, just plain and simple laziness. Instead of catching up, I'll just get right to what is going on now. We're gearing up for the oldest daughter's big figure skating show this weekend. She has had some kind of practice or ice show related event every day for the past couple of weeks. This week is the busiest. She is in 5(!) routines this year, her most ever. I am really excited to see the show come together this weekend. I've only seen bits and pieces at the practices, it will be so different with the lights and props. This year's theme is 'The British Invasion/American Rock n Roll'.
It basically means they are skating to a bunch of oldies, which isn't so bad. The Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Queen are good but they also threw Neil Diamond and Grand Funk Railroad in there. Then they jump to the 80s with 'Thriller'.

She joined the synchronized skating team this year, they are a fledgling group but their coach hopes they can compete someday. I'm not so sure if she will want to do that, but we'll see when the time comes. They are doing pretty well, but my girl often complains about the girls who don't pull their weight and just sort of get pulled along by everyone else, she gets very annoyed.

Little boy starts T-ball in a few weeks, he really wants to do soccer again but our recreation department only does soccer in the fall, so he's a little bummed and very worried that he'll have to know everything about baseball to play. Poor guy, I've been assuring him that's not the case, I hope I get through to him.

In the crafty department, I've been crocheting a lot. Making mostly amigurumi. Oldest girl wants to learn two to crochet, I'm excited to teach her. She gets a little impatient though when she can't do it perfectly immediately. *sigh*

No comments: